Thursday 31 May 2012

Update Time

In the last few weeks we've been riding when we can, I think I've added around another 90-100 miles in total.
Most of the last 7 days has been without rides as my Gran passed away and I've been back in Scotland for the funeral.

I got back on Tuesday and rode yesterday. 40 miles (hilly) at a steady pace. P did a good, hard effort on our 16 mile hilly loop, using it as an interval session on both some of the flat sections and hilly sections.

I'm pretty happy that we've finalised the kit design with James at Half Baked Brand He has been great and really quick to respond to any questions or concerns as we've gone through the design process. We should have the jerseys in a couple of weeks and the shorts to follow.

I'm also really glad that we've signed with SPONSER for our sports nutrition supply,They've been really supportive and helpful, with Shannon being a mine of information. and remember, If you order anything from them and use the code "ReSkill Ride" you get a 10% discount AND 5% of everything spent will be donated straight back to Project Mobility.

On Monday, P delivered an assembly to his school (he teaches) and Bruce from Project Mobility came down to help deliver the message.

The key thing here is that to open the Reskill Academy, the Project need £20,000 for the deposit on the building. Now, I don't for a second think we can raise that much. But I really want the ride to help as much as possible. So far we are around £600 all in.. I KNOW we can do better than this. please help where you can. The "Donate" button is just over there on the right.

The other benefit of Monday was a chance to discuss some of the pure logistical elements of the ride and I'm happier now (though I was away at the funeral) that we have the bulk of the issues in hand.

One of the things that has been suggested is that some of the guys that the project is helping come across and meet up with us on the ride. The obvious place would be at the end of Day 2 just north of Bristol.

It'd be great if we can get pull this together.

Long weekend ahead... bank holiday almost guarantees rain... so... looks like we will be getting wet then :)

C

No comments:

Post a Comment