Sunday 6 May 2012

This week - getting into a training rythym

I'm rather tired tonight :)
It's been a busy week with the Sponser announcment and getting the last logos and sizing info sorted for the ride kit.
From a training and activity point of view, from last Saturday it has looked a little like this:
Saturday : 3 hours Taiko practice
Sunday : Hard turbo session courtesy of 3LC (Time Trial DVD - constant hard efforts)
Monday : Work, then teaching at the School of the Sword.
Tuesday : Work, then 25 mile ride.(rolling/hilly)
Wednesday : Work, then 15 mile ride (new loop, discovering a rather nasty little hill)
Thursday : Work, then teaching at the School of the Sword (including 2 rather enjoyable bouts)
Friday : Work , then 10 mile ride (flat)
Saturday : Taiko - 6 hours of practice (3 hr class then a group practice).
Sunday : 40 mile ride.
This makes my mileage for the week 90, (with more planned tomorrow, one hopes)

The taiko session has left me with a rather sore left quad and arms (taiko is played in a "lunge" type stance so the left thigh takes a fair hit). The only real impact on the ride today was when climbing the viscious little ramp up towards Heckfield (by Wiggins Copse, seriously) my first "out of the saddle" effort rather collapsed, So I sat in and rode the climb in the saddle. later standing efforts went better.

Minor tweak on my right Achilles tendon, also from Taiko, which was a "niggle" today more than a problem.

Really impressed with the Sponser products I've been using all week though tonight, as I said, I am really rather tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment