Monday 14 May 2012

Another good 50

Sunday, glorious morning...
50 miles (reverse of the Beacon Hill route down through Aldershot) over 1000ft of climbing including ramps and long drags (the last 5 miles for example)

The ride felt great, knocked the average speed down a tiny bit (15mph for 50 miles) and could really feel the advantage of the training miles and climbing practice.

3 mechanicals, I shipped my chain on a roundabout (fixed almost straight away),

We had a problem with P's rear after Beacon Hill (replacement tube had pushed the bead up on to the rim) dropped the pressure, reseated the tyre and used my Lezyne Road Drive pump, with which I am really pretty impressed, to re inflate. Not quite track pump pressures, but good.

Stopped later to top up tyre and after having some issues getting the pump on, the centre of the valve stem blew out. Rather than fixing or checking, simply replaced the tube and rode on (I've fixed the stem for now, will pressure test it on a wheel later).

I felt really good all the way round, food and hydration seemed about right . I've started eating half of a Sponser High Energy Bar every 45 mins or so, I'm going to experiment with cutting them in half (still wrapped) pre-ride for ease of grabbing.

P rode pretty easily for most of the ride, really measured effort, and rather enjoyed the climbs.

Feeling tired this morning , but that's more about lack of sleep over the last week than anything else.

Total miles Sunday :50
Total miles since 1st May :  191.5

No comments:

Post a Comment