Monday 7 May 2012

Not a bad week

Another day, another ride.

P had to miss this due to a very early mechanical, I knew I needed to do "more than 25" miles. Set off into the rain on a long loop, rain got worse, I ploughed on, rain got less worse, I headed round.

First decision point at 30 miles to turn home (2 miles away) or turn onto another 10 mile loop to the south. South it was and the ride down to Farnborough and back up through Camberley was good (picking up a nice tail wind)

Second decision point at 41 miles to turn into our road or carry on straight for a 10 mile hilly loop. So…I carried on. the Broadmoor bypass is hard work, especially after 40 rainy miles, so I sat in and plodded my way up. The very last little ramp (2 miles from home) was steep and I simply could not climb "out of the saddle" I needed to have taken on more food. Climbed up this in the saddle and turned for the last 2 miles into the wind)

Total: 51.5 miles (wet)
Back to back yesterday and today: 91.5 miles
Total since Tuesday : 141.5 miles

Shoulders aching, lessons learned on feeding and a productive week for me.

And now…a couple of hours rest then off to teach people swordplay !

No comments:

Post a Comment