Monday 28 July 2014

Project Jake 2 - The Finished Result...

Well.....He's done ....

I spent Sunday afternoon finishing off the Ex-Helen Wyman 2013 Kona Major Jake..

I'm very happy with the result, he looks excellent and, based on a very quick shakedown ride, the narrower bars and the smaller frame size feels just a tad more nimble and aggressive. I will report back once I've done a proper shakedown ride.

Finished..at last 

The final build specification as follows:

2013 Kona Major Jake CX (56cm)
Shimano Ultegra 6700 STI Shifter/Levers
Shimano Ultegra 6700 Rear mech
Shimano Ultegra 6700 Front mech (34.9mm band)
Shimano Ultegra 6700 wheelset
Shimano Ultegra 6700 Cassette 11-28
Shimano Deore XT SPD pedals
FSA Gossamer Pro BB30 chainset 46/36 (CX specific rings)
FSA Headset, Stem, Seatpost, Bars (w/Pro gel bar tape)
TRP EuroX Magnesium cantilever brakes w/SwissStop pads
Challenge Grifo Open Tubular tyres
Selle Italia saddle
Bike Pure headset top cap and spacer

I can't thank Helen enough for the chance to own this frame. He was always going to be built to be ridden and raced...this isn't a wall hanger. I've enjoyed building him up and am really looking forward to putting him through his paces in the coming weeks.... but for now... let's have some pictures.

The most colourful bike I own 
Side By Side - Majors P and B line up for a photo call
A brace of Konas
The two Majors looking purposeful and ready.

Major P has won a round of the Newbury Summer CX Series, and Major B was one of a set of frames that took Helen to victory in races such as the Koppenberg Cross and the European CX Championships.. so they are both winners...

Oh, and I think I owe you all an update on the last round of the Summer CX Series too... stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment