Thursday 24 July 2014

Project Jake 2 - Latest Update on Major B(lue)

Ah, it's been a while, but we are back.

The brief lull in employment meant that I had to be a bit careful with cash for a bit, so the Major B project has been on brief hiatus.

Just before I went off to do support for the RN on a 2 day test event on the first two stages of the 2014 Tour de France, I managed to tweet a tease picture...

A few shiny boxes of shiny bits
I've been waiting until I sourced a suitable FSA Gossamer Pro BB30 chainset (46/36 chainrings) before putting the rest of the drive train parts on.

Tonight, I've spent a little time after work getting the chainset, drive train components and levers on, I've routed the brake cables through (though the TRP EuroX brakes still need to be properly set up) so...here are a couple of shots of Major B looking a tad more "Bike Like". Still got to route and set up the gear cables, adjust the drive train and brakes and I still need to get some pedals (Deore XT as per Major P and I've got some blue Pro Gel bar tape to keep the blue/black theme that Helen had on the bike when it was being raced.

Levers on, some cabling done and .....
...Drivetrain basically in place.
TRP EuroX Magnesium brakes.. not QUITE set up yet.

All this means that, all being well, Major B should be pretty much done and ready for test riding.... Excited...

C


No comments:

Post a Comment