Sunday 19 January 2014

The Planned Plan Update

A fair amount has happened since last we spoke about work.

Holdsworth Cycles has closed it's doors for the last time, and I've moved on. Thankfully, I had already negotiated a new role before the closure announcement so, for those of you who haven't added 2 and 2 together, I'm now working full time as the lead instructor at Cycle Systems Academy. I started in October and have been very busy since. I'm in the middle of teaching my second Level 2 course and have co-led a Level 3 course last year. We also took 6 weeks out to work on a photoshoot to support the new tutorials that we are planning to go online. The pictures, taken by Richard Olivier  are really rather impressive, and it was a pleasure to have some creative input on the shoot. We seemed to work pretty well together.. A tiny bit of Richard's talent must have rubbed off as I spent a bit of time over the Christmas break playing with my own DSLR.. the results follow...( I know, you've seen a couple of these before)



I'm enjoying teaching and getting really good feedback from the students so far. There are more tutorial ideas planned in future and I think it's a really interesting time to be a full time part of the CSA family. Sean Lally (boss) and John Galloway are relaunching the Velocast Tech podcast in Feb as the "Cycle Systems Academy" podcast, with the first one being a discussion about Sean's visit to Mallorca to see the Team Sky training camp. (It's worth a look back at the @cyclesystemsAC twitter feed to see his pictures) .

I was also invited to do a spot at a Women's evening at the Specialized Concept Store in Ruislip, the guys at the shop were great, the evening was a success and I really enjoyed chatting to women of all cycling experience levels that night. It would be nice to do this again. Thanks to Paul and the team at the store for a great night.

I'm waiting to see if I am doing any formal support slots for riders this year, but I'm keen to keep doing this and, if nothing else, P is talking about us doing another "bigger" ride. So, I'll be crew for that (and rider)

The Cross season is over for me now, but I'm still getting out on the CX bike most weekends and working on my skills. I have a long way to go.. but I'm enjoying the ride. As you can see in the pictures above, I've fitted both the Major and P's CX bikes with Challenge Grifo Open Tubular tyres. The first mud tests were very promising and I am really impressed with them so far..more to follow.

I'm hoping to be slightly more timely with blog updates (no promises) and I'm also hoping to get some more items recorded for the Bike Shop Show podcast too.

I'm busy, it's mostly about the bikes, and this is a good thing..

Panda

No comments:

Post a Comment