Monday 20 August 2012

Day 3

Taking the decision that I could try and ride into the day (with the option of stepping off if I really felt that I hadn't recovered at all)

A rolling day , with a few nasty ramps. We did have the chance to ride through Ledbury, Ludlow and Shrewsbury . the latter 2 containing a couple of interesting "power climbs"..

we really started to get our routine sorted with the support car going 12.5 miles ahead and then finding a spot to wait up for us. The sight of Nellie as we round a corner is really great and welcoming.. so much so that a main topic of conversation when we are riding is the distance of the next "Nellie Gap" (which really fits the tune of "Smelly Cat" from friends and now YOU might have it stuck in your head.

All in all, a long old day, biggest problem for me were stomach cramps and slipping whilst trying to clip in on the way through Shrewsbury as my foot slipped out and I banged the more private area of my saddle area HARD against the saddle. Very painful and I've resorted to the serious painkillers.

Got to the hotel in Wem in good time and are now back in the room after a good meal at a local place.

for some reason, I'm rather tired.... so.. night all.

C

No comments:

Post a Comment